Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

City_a Poem

In a world of hurt and loss lies something more
Yet lives are torn and ripped asunder.
Underneath a cold exterior
People pass by unseen and unheard.

Lost within a tumult of noise
Values are discarded with the evening trash.
Virtue dies and souls shrivel
While around us favor seems to flee.

As I sit soaking in the city life
I find solace in my knowledge.
Knowledge that promises for better.
Knowledge that promises improvement.

A quiet whispering nudges at me;
Directing me into places where I feel warmth.
Places where love is love... not lust.
My soul sings as I see the brighter side of things.

5 Comments:

  • It has a nice ring to it. It doen't rhyme but still flows well which is really hard to do. Good job. So what is the story behind it if you don't mind me asking.

    By Blogger Judge of the Whetten's, at 8:47 PM  

  • To be honest, it is one of those poems that you just need to get out of your head. I needed to get it out of mine. There is a little bit of a background though, and that is I was thinking about one of my classes and alienation. As I thought about alienation, I thought about the different emotions I feel when I think about cities, which in my mind, is the epitome of alienation.

    In the end, this is just an exploration of myself in relation to something else. Wish there were more to tell really.

    By Blogger Amanda/Mandie, at 4:51 PM  

  • To add to my comment, I as I was thinking about the negative things of city life, I began to see the Spirit's role in people who live in cities. And how it can answer and soothe those who need and ask for it.

    By Blogger Amanda/Mandie, at 4:52 PM  

  • I realized in never commented. That is really cool hun. i think i kind of see where it is going. Yea different lifestyle and different interactions that are the same. that is just the way things go.

    By Blogger E.Marie, at 1:20 PM  

  • I never liked the city life much. I always felt so insignificant, luckily I knew there was a point to my dreary travels in and out of Sydney - getting out of Australia to go to BYUH and eventually on a mission.

    And Stuff,
    ~Vasu~

    By Blogger Vasu Chetty, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home