Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bobbing in Waves

It has always amazed me when and where I receive inspiration. Friends, being one of the most important things in my life, usually help a lot in times when I need to receive inspiration. Well, Emo and I decided that yesterday would be a perfect beach day, and walked across the street from my house to Hukilau. We got in the water, I was a wuss, and we bobbed around in the waves for about an hour. In that hour, we covered a lot. We covered friends who are dating, me dating, her dating, Provo, futures, confusions, missions, and a whole lot of other topics that otherwise may not have been broached.

Waves attacked both of us as we bobbed and talked about life in general. Tough questions were asked and answered. Emo even picked up a crab!!!! She saved it from the rolling waves, only to scream and throw it back into the ocean. And she picked it up again and chased me with it. I was just thinking that I didn't want to get pinched, but hey... she can think what she wants. For some reason, she was in a curious mood, and tried to pick up a stick looking thing, only to feel something completely unstick-like, and screamed again. She thinks it was feces, but I think it was funny. At random points, she and I both got huge waves that crashed down upon us, but we didn't let that keep us from playing in the ocean. Toward the end of our stay however, my feet became numb. I figured that might not be a good thing, so I convinced her that it was time to go. We showered off and crossed the street to get to my house, and ate lunch.

Inspiration came in realizing some things about my life and the lives of those around me that I hadn't seen before. I love getting other people's points of view on life; it helps me better frame my point of view.

Yesterday was a great day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home