Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Friday, December 16, 2005

A Commonality

In my current job, I do a lot of writing about people. In reality, I never thought that I would be using my skills as a writer professionally, but I'm glad that I am right now. Mainly because I've begun to notice that people carry a lot of similarities. The students that I have been writing about are no different. Neither are the ones I cast as narrators during the campus' Jubilee week. This commonality is shared by many of the students and alumni from this place: not giving up on dreams. I know people dream all over the world, but more often than not, I find that not enough people try to see their dreams through to the end. I find that a good number of people throw their hands up part way onto the path of their dreams. It saddens me when I hear those stories. I am an eternal optimist. I like to see the brighter side of things, and recently I've tried to take it on myself to see the darker side of things for the soul purpose of being able to more enjoy the bright side of life.

There are exceptional people everywhere. There are exceptional people from everywhere. Well, if there were a place called "Everywhere" there would be some people from that place too. At any rate, I find that those who acheive great things in life fall share the commonality of chasing dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home