Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Operation: Surprise!!!!!

So, operation surprise was a success. I awoke this morning to my mom turning on the kitchen light to find that I was asleep (well, not really, but I was in her eyes) on the couch. :D It was so cool to hear her reaction when she saw me three days earlier than she thought she would. I've done quite a bit so far today, and you know, I don't think that this day will end anytime soon, which I'm grateful for.

Let me start with phase one of Operation: Surprise!!!!!

Phase one started way back in September when I purchased my plane ticket to come home. I plotted and schemed with my sisters about coming home early, and we came up with a plan that was nearly flawless. The one catch in the whole surprise was me. ^^; I can't remember how many times I almost blew the surprise. Even this past Sunday when I was talking with my parents I almost blew it multiple times. But, I succeeded in my part of the plan. I got to the airport yesterday and on the plane bound for my home state: Washington.

Phase two started with my little sister. She and her boyfriend were also in on the surprise, and they came to pick me up from the airport. Phase two was to pick up me and my luggage. I had no clue that both my sister and Tony, her beau, had had little sleep, and when I was bouncing off the walls in the airport, I didn't know how much it annoyed them to see me with so much energy. I was rocking out to my ipod while waiting for my luggage to come out of the carosel, and I didn't care if I was embarassing her or not. I love rocking out to music, but anyone who's been reading my blog can tell you that. So, after waiting for about an hour for luggage, phase two of Operation:Surprise!!!! was successful.

Phase three started when I arrived at my parents house. My little sister let me in through the basement, and I snuck upstairs to go sleep on the couch. Well, I guess my mom woke up around 4 am because of a headache, but you know, she thought that it was my little sister asleep on the couch, not me. :) A couple of hours later, she got up to take the dog for his walk, and my little sister heard her, so she came upstairs to throw her. Well, my mom was now curious as to who would be asleep on the couch, so she turned on the kitchen light, and SUPRISE!!!!!!! It was me on the couch, and she was so thrilled to see me early. It was awesome. I highly recommend surprising parents when you can. The reactions are priceless and things to remember. I woke up my dad, and he was surprised to see me too. It was quite entertaining to hear both of their reactions which were, "I thought you were coming on Friday."

Duh... I'm here now, not on Friday, so it's kind of moot to point out the fact that I was going to be here on Friday. It was such a great farce to play on my parents. I hope I can do it again in the upcoming years. Maybe with an engagement or a pregnancy. Hopefully pregnancy after marriage... j/k. Alright well, to all Mele Kalikimaka... Have a yourselves a merry little Christmas, and this will be my last post for a week or so. Which is about normal for me at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home