Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Dreams That Make You Go... WHAT?!?

After a late night of helping Sarah write a paper that was due this morning at 8am, I floated off to sleep around 3:30am. Although I hate to think when she went to bed because when I laid down on my bed, she was still finishing up the paper. I drifted off to La-La Land,also known as deep sleep, when I came to the awareness of a dream. The setting of the dream was a resort in the mountains somewhere in the summertime. I was swimming around the lake with my niece when my friend and his parents walked out on one of the docks surrounding the lake. They call me over so I leave my niece with whomever she came to the lake with, and swam over thinking I'd have a pleasant chat with them. I always love catching up with old friends.

My friend, who's name is Peter, did not look so good however. Instead of being slim and very attractive, like he is in real life, he was pudgy, with long hair and just really unattractive for some reason. Out of the blue he said to me, "Why aren't you married yet? You need to get your priorities straightened out. Oh, by the way I'm getting married in four days."

Talk about depressing; I left Peter and his parents at the dock and wrapped up in a giant beach towel. While walking back to my cabin, I began to wonder if my life really was out of whack. I was so distraught in my dream that I ran to the nearest closet and just sat on the ground huddled in my towel sopping wet from the lake.

End dream.

I woke up from this dream more depressed than I would be if I had asked a guy out on a date and he stood me up. It shook me to the core of my being, yet I'm still happy. Only reflexive.


2 Comments:

  • ehh that is not nice. i am in class so got to get to work. see ya later girl

    By Blogger E.Marie, at 11:10 AM  

  • That's a really weird dream, but it pleases me to see that you ask guys out. Not enough girls take the initiative, bravo!

    I'm heading back to Oly tomorrow (Thursday on this side of the world, you far off explorer). I'll be sure to call and hold the phone out a window so you can hear the sounds of western Washington.

    Have a great night!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home