Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Saturday, November 13, 2004

In Memory Of... Tayauna Kathryn Price (1984-2004)

A chapter in my life has just ended. For the longest time, I've dodged the bullet of having a close friend pass away; I can't say that anymore. Earlier today, around 1:35 pm HST, my little sister, April, called me in tears and looking for comfort. Why you might think? Well, I found out that a girl in my home ward (church youth group) died after the driver of the car she was in fell asleep at the wheel of their car and getting into an accident. I don't know if I'm still in shock from hearing about this or if I'm okay with hearing it, but I don't feel tears welling up inside of me like I heard on the phone from my little sister earlier. It seems like the Lord is blessing me with comfort when He knew I'd need it. I'm also sure He's doing the same for April. I love her so much, and I love Tayauna. She was the Bishop's oldest and going to school in Utah. I will pray for her family that they might receive the comfort they need, and for all those who knew her and miss her already. Please do the same, right now my entire home ward is in mourning for her, and I am as well but I hope for the best and know the Lord is taking care of her.

The song I'm playing for her and her family: "I Will Remember You," by Sarah McLachlan.
Song of the Day cuz I say so.

If there are any mistakes on this entry, please let me know so i can fix them.

2 Comments:

  • I don't know who you are, but I am a good friend of Tayauna's and you siad if there were any mistakes to please let you know. I just thought you would want to know that Tayauna was going to school at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg and was traveling back from a concert that was in Utah when she fell asleep at the wheel and was killed. Tayauna was killed instantly and her roommate, Amy, was able to walk away from the accident, but Amy's boyfriend is in a coma in a Utah hospital. I don't know if you were able to attend the funeral, but it was beautiful and the Bishop was wonderful. I was able to spend time with the family and they are doing so much better than I ever could have imagined. I love Tayauna so much and will miss her always. I hope you always have a happy thought of my friend because Iknow that's what she would want, she would want all of us to be happy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

  • Thank you so much for adding to my blog. I tried for a couple of days to find more information to add to this entry so I could portray the event properly. Unfortunately, I could find nothing. I wish I could have gone to the funeral, but I go to school in Hawaii and had no chance to make it back home. Again, I will keep my thoughts of Tayauna happy ones.

    By Blogger Amanda/Mandie, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home