Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Men, Can't Live With Them, Who'd Want to Live Without Them?

There's nothing like having good conversations with guy friends. Lunch today was no exception. I was eating with Shem, Judge, Zack, Alice, Regina and another who's name no one could remember :(. We were discussing how sometimes, we get so lonely that we just want to hug someone of the opposite gender and never let go. Well, during this discussion, somehow the focus of the discussion turned to me. This shift of focus came as Shem was talking about how if you're not a guy who's a jerk, it's difficult to get dates with most girls yet the girls who are intelligent and cute (left-over), for the most part, are socially inept. I had to chime in and point out that there are girls who see the good guys and are intelligent and cute that remain dateless. Then the shift came and Shem said that I'll find some guy soon. Judge reinforced that comment with, "I'd vote for you." And Alice said, "I'd vote for you too." Blushing, stammering and flattered, I just sat in my chair unable to reply.

Talk about making your day. Then Zack talked about how if guys would just realize that there's nothing wrong with making embarassing comments in front of girls they'd be able to get the girls they want. All in all, I'm still crusin' on that compliment I got at lunch. I talked with Cori about it and she also said, "Mandy [this is how she spells my nickname], I'd vote for you too." She then went on talking about how I'll probably end up with this awesome guy in a relationship full of love and deep friendship. :D What more needs to be said?

3 Comments:

  • I'd vote for you!

    By Blogger Fei, at 12:39 AM  

  • Thanks ladies. This conversation really boosted me for the rest of the day. Also Jolley, Shem does not see you as socially inept. For that matter, none of the women (not girls) I know are not socially inept.

    By Blogger Amanda/Mandie, at 3:44 PM  

  • I disagree, I think all girls are. Also I think all guys are but people just lie to themselfs and friends. Saying that they know this one guy down the way that isn't. But I can't think of anyone that isn't.

    By Blogger Judge of the Whetten's, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home