Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Blog to Write a Post On

So, I've been thinking, and as a very wise, missionary friend of mine once said to me, "Mandie, you think too much."

Well, he actually said that to me on many occasions, but once seemed to fit for some reason. Anyways, I'll go into language in another post maybe. I know I'm about a week late, and even farther behind than some other bloggers out there, but I want to know what y'all think about this past conference. Other than the almost obligatory comments that we take as reminders to better ourselves, what things struck a chord in your soul? Did the comments about the Mexican family who, though devoid of comforts like shoes, were sealed together in the Mesa, Arizona temple cause you to reflect on the fact that possessions aren't the keystone to a wholesome life? Did anyone take Elder Holland's remarks and apply them in places where things were left unsaid but implied? Did President Hinckley's mention of new temple projects impress anyone and awe others at the speed with which this church is growing?

If anyone felt deeply impacted, I would love to hear about it if it isn't something precious and thus should be kept within for now. Random thoughts or conversations, post conference, are also welcome.

One of my thoughts and realizations is the fact that there are serious problems within the church and our priesthood leaders in Salt Lake are aware of them, almost perfectly. It reinforced my testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel, because how else can elderly gentlemen truly have an understanding for the life of a woman in this bizarre, backwards and shallow world?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home