Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Friday, December 17, 2004

Airports, Proposals and a Diplomat

Airports attract the most interesting people. In many instances, these people are the same ones that I go to school with. So really, these people are friends of mine that I enjoy spending my free time with. The setting is Saturday evening, Honolulu International Airport, gate 17. The plot was a long discussion of world politics and the perks of having Uncle Sam employ a family member internationally. The person who has this experience with Uncle Sam's employment is David. His dad works is an Embassy worker in the Middle East. The rest of the participants in this discussion were Trevor, Reed, myself and Kelsey. While we were discussing the perks that came with being a diplomat, Reed looked at me and said that he'll marry me when I become a diplomat. The catch is that I am only considering becoming a diplomat, not becoming one for sure. Well, about five minutes later, Reed once again told me that if I were to become a diplomat, he'd marry me in order to get the perks.

We began talking of the difficulties that came with trying to become a diplomat, and how the exam a person takes in order to have their application considered. Intelligence was brought up, and Reed came to bat for me. Shortly after this, he once again pointed out the fact that he would marry me if i were to become a diplomat. Well, at this point, being sleep deprived and just plain goofy, I continued with the jest. As soon as David brought up the fact that he was flying first class, and that once he arrived in Frankfurt, he would receive a shower and breakfast in the airport. That was just plain cool. By the end of the evening, Reed had repeated his earlier proposal two more times during the course of our little group's conversation. The time we spent in the airport was awesome. Not only was it entertaining, but I also discovered that Trevor was flying with me on my flight to Sea-Tac. That was a total bonus. The flight went so much faster, when he wasn't asking what the time was every ten minutes or so. In the end, after getting stink eye from a fellow passenger, the flight landed and I was picked up by my older sister.

Life is good.

3 Comments:

  • That was a great night in the airport wasn't it? I just got pics back from it too! You'll love em!

    By Blogger Kelsey, at 11:25 PM  

  • fun!! I wish i woul of left on saturday now. all i did was read and then sleep the flight. hehe diplomat that could be fun though i would never be able to do it dual citzen you know. but i think my dad working for the airlines is enough of a bonous see ya later

    By Blogger E.Marie, at 11:14 AM  

  • Too tell you the truth, I really don't mind airports and airplanes most the time. But to be a Diplomat would sure be something. See ya'll soon.

    By Blogger a man from Saipan, at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home