Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Sunday, November 28, 2004

On Being a Pillow

On this beautious Sunday, the funniest thing happened; I was used as a pillow. :D In the best places of all on campus, the spacious McKay Auditorium (ok, I should have said the ice box, but whatever ;) ) is where my ward meets for sacrament meeting. I sat next to my friend, Nick Disney, mainly in order to throw off the passing of the sacrament because we sat in the middle with no one close to us. Well, that plan was ruined as soon as Vasu sat next to me, but hey, no one's perfect and neither are anyone's plans. After the sacrament was passed and the first speaker got up to speak, Nick slouched in his seat and slowly lowered his head to my shoulder. For those of you who don't know who Nick is, he's about 5'11" and I'm a whopping 5'3", quite the stretch for him. So, he slept, I listened to the next speaker while he was off in dreamland, and once we got close to the rest hymn, he awoke!

Some of you may be wondering, why did I type this story? Will it help the progression of my life and better it at the same time? Well, probably not but it's really funny. The best part came when I was standing around after church with Judge and Vasu waiting for Vanessa to finish in the bathroom. Apparently Vanessa thought that Nick and I were dating when she saw him put his head on my shoulder, which was funny because Judge shot that idea down because Nick and I aren't even close to dating; that I know of at least. Share your thoughts on being a pillow.

4 Comments:

  • i really needed a pillow today. but my usual pillow (big sister) wasnt there. so i kind of just sat there with my eyes closed it worked quite well. but still much more comfortable leaning on my sis or having someone lean on me is ok to. see ya later

    By Blogger E.Marie, at 4:25 PM  

  • I'm a as needed pillow only. I will let it go if I really think some one is tired (or I am). I am not about the give me something to lean on thing how ever. If you need me to do anything just ask and I'll be there if you need me. I might be alittle slow if it requaires touching however.

    By Blogger Judge of the Whetten's, at 10:09 PM  

  • Good news, in a season of evil teachers, impossible test, and ridiculously stupid homework.
    Thank you.

    By Blogger a man from Saipan, at 6:52 PM  

  • I have a dent in my chest, which fits a head pretty well, so I usually work alright as a pillow. And utilizing someone else as a pillow is just downright fun.
    Good samaritan!

    -Cliff

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home