Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Interactions, pt. 4

The first day passed uneventful as I gathered data on the explosion, but as night came, glowing could be seen from the affected area. This worried me for I did not know what the glowing could possibly mean other than a sure way to keep me from ever being able to study the Waia. Preparing to sleep for the night, rustling noises began to come from outside my tent and disturbed my relaxation. Fighting fear and curiosity, I searched out my journal for the light the blast area gave off was bright enough to see so I could write about the noises I had heard.

Writing about the noises somehow made them cease. This I also recorded so as to be sure that I would not miss even the smallest detail to take back. The Waia were known to be peculiar people in their obsession with details. Sometime while I was recording the details of the mysterious light, I fell asleep, pen in hand and sitting upright. I awoke the next morning a change in my surroundings. I was still in the same area as the previous night, but there was no evidence of a blast to be seen. Worried, I scoured my notes to be sure that something had been there, and I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough, I was able to find my notes from the previous day on the blast area.

Seeing that I had not imaged the blast site, I decided that I should go back out to try and find any evidence of the event from yesterday. While I explored the area I had recorded in my notes, I found nothing to be out of the ordinary. No sorch marks, no debris, not even an indent in the ground that would even indicate that a blast would have happened years ago. Overcome by this enigma, I went back to my camp to try and think about where the blast area had gone to. I poured over my notes endlessly hoping to find an answer. The sun set the dusk sky ablaze with purples and oranges as I had finished going through my notes for the umpteenth time that afternoon. Just before I gave up, a thought struck me; what if the noises had something to do with the disappearance.

1 Comments:

  • Ohh strange noises and dissapperances. very good. Yea next part. Miss you already

    By Blogger E.Marie, at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home