Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Been a While

I guess the title says it all. It's been a while since I last felt inclined to write. Strange that I wouldn't feel inclined to write. I love writing, but that's another post for another time. As far as work annals go, things at work seem to be on the twisty part of the roller coaster ride. I've been super busy this past week or so and will welcome not having to rush to a deadline, if that will ever happen again.

It seems like my life has become less social of late as well. I've cloistered myself and just stuck with hanging out with a select few. Honestly, I don't mind this. I like focusing my efforts on a few people rather than a lot. Granted, getting to know a lot of people is fun because of the uniqueness each person has, getting to know only a few people better has its merits as well. Strangely, Utah has been growing on me since the scenery started to look greener. I don't quite know what it is about green that makes me happy and less stressed, but I'll take it.

Back in December, my best friend asked me if I wanted to run a marathon with her this upcoming December. Me, being the softy that I am, said of course I'd love to. The funny thing about this is the fact that I am not a fan of running. I am more of a fan of playing sports to be healthy than running, but I'll do this for her. Besides, it'll be a cool thing to tell people about when I'm older. I've started looking at life experiences that way: cool thing to tell people when I'm older. I'm less hesitant to reject something because of that line of thinking.

So, my sorry attempt at a blog log is more of just a catch-up post than anything else. Lots has been on my mind these past months of silence, and I get the feeling lots will be on my mind for a while yet.