Ride on Space Cowgirl: The Work Annals

Friday, August 04, 2006

Tying Up Loose Ends

Well, as with most things in my life, my time in Hawaii is coming to an end. Some days it saddens me, and some days I'm excited for the next adventure in life to come my way. There are many, many things on this island I have yet to see, but at the same time, I have those things to look forward to when I return, whenever that is. I want to absorb as much of the scenery and life from here as I can, and I find myself sitting and soaking things in more often than not.

A couple of nights ago, I was blessed to watch a lightning storm over the ocean with a friend from home and her kids. Though it's hard to live here, I feel so blessed that I was allowed to come here. Yes, there have been a few times where in the past month I've clashed with roommates, and yes, there is drama in my life, but I value things so much more right now. The lens that I view things through has altered so much since I purchased my ticket to fly back home. Little things cause me to pause and ponder like seeing the small crabs run around on the beach. Things like the cattle egrets on campus chasing the guy on the lawn mower are becoming pictures in my mind's scrapbook.

The people and cultural diversity of this place is unlike any other place I will ever go. As reluctant as I am to leave, I know that the Lord has plans for me elsewhere. Maybe He wants me to help bring what I've learned here to other people. Maybe He wants me to learn what other people know. All I know is the Big Man wants me elsewhere, and I plan on trusting Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home